The weekend before last we were blessed with some gorgeous weather. I think most people were trying to enjoy it and appreciate it in spite of having back-of-the-mind concerns about global warming. It's back to true Maine March right now - blustery and cold.
Addie and I took advantage of the warm weather to visit a nearby playground. It was so nice to totally relax and not be tensed up with cold.
I also took the chance to photograph Addie in some of her newest clothes. Two more stash fabrics used up from my fabric challenge batch - plus a bonus one from my regular stash. The shirt is Echino linen/cotton blend. It's a bit heavy, but I love the colors. It's a great compromise if I'm gonna have to keep using purple.
From my recent Amazon Japan shipment. The shirt, shirt Y, is done up with some really cool buckles, but I wasn't so sure about that, so I used these "frogs" instead.
I searched my craft room high and low for my fabric-coverable buttons with no luck. Side trips to JoAnn can get old, so I ended up finding these perfectly matched purple ones in my button stash.
I love the shorts pattern (pattern Z), but I somehow messed up on the pocket tabs and they're narrower than in the pattern photos. It bugged me at first, but I'm over it. I think I'll try again with another pair though.
I thought the little button tabs on the fake cuffs were cute, too. I used leftover fabric from this skirt and used a yellow-ish, brown-ish thread that I though looked jeans-like. (Addie's legs aren't really that pale - those are tights - I didn't realize how warm it was when we first started out. She ditched them fast as soon as we got home.)
Here's another view of the pocket thingies.
This other shirt is also from the same book. It's actually supposed to be a dress - dress K. I really liked the adult version - dress L. Thankfully, I got my Japanese language lesson and can now tell the difference - before I do any cutting.
The kids' version of the pattern is sleeveless, but I really wanted sleeves, so I used the sleeves from dress J in the same book. It ended up working out okay.
I used some Kaffe Fasset shot cotton which I'm really loving in spite of my issues with my first attempt.
It has a curved yoke in the back. I'm not sure how well you can see it in this photo, but I really like it.
Have a good night. I've gotta go get under my down comforter. Brrr.