I'm so sad that KCWC is over, but I did manage to finish up two more shirts. I finished up early yesterday afternoon (my daughter hurt her ankle playing soccer - nothing serious - so we didn't go to the feis. 50 bucks down the drain, but it was priceless having a free day that I didn't plan on having.), so I took photos and everything. I planned to blog last night, but by the time we finished dinner, I could not do another thing.
Enough complaining, here are the two shirts I made.
I used the Lisette cotton Lawn from Jo-Ann for the blue one. It's actually really nice fabric. Very soft and flow-y. It's shirt H from this book.
I made the same pattern a few months ago, but I really didn't like the sleeves, so I decided to try to copy more traditional, curved-topped sleeves from another pattern. I think it came out pretty well.
It ended up being kind of long, so before Addie tried it on, I thought it could almost be a dress. It's definitely not that long, but I"m tempted to actually make it in dress length now.
(I made the skirt last year. It's from Happy Homemade Volume 5.)
So all in all, I was pretty happy with the shirt, but it turns out I didn't really need to alter the original pattern at all because the Figgy's Ayashe shirt pattern is almost the same. It's a bit more feminine with gathers at the front and back.
Addie is almost 5, and I'd say she's small to average-sized for her age, but some of her measurements were right on the edge for the size 4/5, so I ended up making the size 6/7. I'm glad I did because it fits perfectly. I would even add a bit more length next time.
I used one of the smaller sizes for the sleeve length because I wanted something 3/4-ish. I didn't put elastic in the sleeves. I also wanted to do the drawstring at the waist line, but I didn't have enough fabric, and I couldn't find anything in my stash that went well enough. If I make it again, I think I would make two little button holes in the front to have the drawstring go through.
I LOVED the little tag that came with the pattern. It totally makes the finished garment look so much more professional. I really should have some of my own made.
The only issue I had with the pattern was that I ended up having the gather the sleeves a bit at the top to get them to fit. I'm pretty sure I traced and cut the right size, but I'll double check before I make another one.
I used some Yuwa Lawn that I got from Sew Mama Sew (with my winnings from last year's pillow contest). It's gorgeous but not quite as flow-y as the Lisette Lawn.
Shoot, now I'm going to be late for work. Yikes. Happy Monday.